jueves, 22 de agosto de 2013

SOUTH NEW ZEALAND IN 10 DAYS




 Flag of New Zealand



- ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK -


I have no words to describe such a great time we had in this Natioanl Park. Kayaking from one island to the next one as if there were no tomorrow, eager to jump off the Kayac and explore the wildness and unbeatable scenary of the North part of the South Island.


Love this pick.






-NELSON LAKES NATIONAL PARK-


The early bird catches the worm, this saying was really usefull in our trip. We lived these pretty long days from dawn to dusk visiting as much as posible. The first day we made it until this massive lake called Nelson that we found in our way the glaciars.





-FOX GLACIER & FRANZ JOSEF GLACIER-





- LAKE MOPOURICA -


Mistic, isn´t it? It seems that a huge monster is gonna jump out the water and attack you at any moment. We went blank...





- LAKE PARINGA -







-TASMAN SEA & BRUCE BAY-


Forest, long stone beaches and mountains can be found in this sea as if there were a scenary made to please your eyes. Just the sound of the sea was heard for a while is this special place. 








- BOUNDARY CREEK VIEWS -

Climbing up this mountain wasn´t easy at all if we keep in mind that we were 3 spanish guys in an unknown terrein without the right gear and having slept like...4 hours? We had to celebrate it. hehe.




- BEST CITY EVER: WANAKA -










- QUEENSTOWN -

Traveling is about sharing. Well done my friends. 





-MILFORD SOUND -









-DUNEDIN-


I did fall in love with this city at first sight. Dunedin is known as the little Edinburg and I did enjoy this city that much that now Edinburg is in my bucket list. I wont forget the Cadbury chocolate factory and this huge cathedral turns into a pretty cool disco in the heart of the town. 









SOUTH NEW ZEALAND IN 10 DAYS:

ROUTE:  

-CHRISCHUCH
-ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK
-NELSON LAKES
-FOX & FRANZ JOSEF GLACIER
-LAKE MAPOURICA
-LAKE PARINGA
-TASMAN SEA
-BRUCE BAY
-FANTAL FALLS
-BLUE POOLS
-BOUNDARY CREEK
-WANAKA
-QUEENSTOWN
-MILFORD SOUND
-DUNEDIN
-HAMMER SPRINGS

THINGS TO DO:

-Rent a car
-Go skiing
-Bunging
-Rent a bike in a National park.
-Walk around Boundary Creek
-Have a look at The Lord of the Ring Fields
-Lake Tekapo
-Rent a kayac at the north.
-See the penguins
-Spend 2,3 days in Queenstown.
-Step in the glaciars ( even though its necesary to rent a pair of crampons)
-Have a swim in the freeze water
-Visit the chocolete factory "Cadbury".
-Read about the Erathquake that took part in Chrischurch (2011)
-Have a peek at the curious museum between Queenstown and Dunedin. Totally worth it. 
-If you are brave enough, Rent a bike and do the full around . 
-Check the weather. It´s really variable. 

USUFUL INFORMATION:

Budged: High
Sovereign: Queen Elizabeth II
Governor-general: Sir Jerry Mateparae
Land area: 268680 km2
Population: 4.252.500
Largest cities: Auckland, Chrischurch
Currency: New Zealand dollar






1 comentario:

  1. Such good memories!I've done almost everything in your post but I didn't have time enought to go to Dunedin. It was Andrea's fault ... She kidnapped me in Queenstown so I spent 3 more days that I expected.Hahaha.Btw, I can clearly remember being at lake mopourica and you are right, it is a mistic and magic place but I would highly recommend use some repelent unless you wanna be eaten by sandflies... As you know they can drive you nuts.

    And you have to come back and visit north island.. Is totally worth it!
    Great pics dude!keep travelling and living adventures ;)

    ResponderEliminar